The main goal of the project is to contribute to a more inclusive social and working life and get more people with disabilities into ordinary work. The target group shall have more career choices through jobs adapted to the needs of both employer and employee.
The project wants to team up with companies and organizations that are conscious towards sustainability. The starting point is that the partners of United Future Lab Norway are relevant candidates to employ HELT MED employees in their companies.
HELT MED is a foundation financed through the state budget. The purpose is to help more people with developmental disabilities to find work in ordinary companies. Employees who are employed in HELT MED positions, receive a bonus salary in addition to disability benefits. All HELT MED employees receive permanent follow-up.
Participating in HELT MED lead to the tasks the company wants carry out - tasks that perhaps no one else has a defined responsibility to perform, are perfomed. HELT MED is not about charity and kindness, but help to companies with real work tasks.
Some of the benefits employers experience:
• Competitive advantages - customers find it very positive that companies are concerned with inclusion
• Increased service - both internally in the company and to customers
• Strong profiling through HELT MED
• Loyal employees, who have a strong desire to get a job
• Has a positive effect on the work environment
• Cheaper labor - NOK 30-35 pr. hour
AND HELT MED:
• Takes entire recruitments until the second interview
• Assists with follow-up as long as they are in an employment relationship
• Is clarified with LO and the major unions
Partners: NAV (Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration) Møre og Romsdal and Ålesund municipality.
United Future Lab Norway's role is to support and profile HELT MED towards partners and other stakeholders.
Relevant Sustainable Development Goals
3 - Good health and wellbeing
4 - Good education
8 - Decent work and economic growth
9 - Industry, innovation and infrastructure
10 - Reduced inequalities
16 - Peace, justice and strong institutions
17 - Partnership for the goals